Maville Academy strives to promote the development of active thinkers with communication and technology skills for the future. Our Learning and Teaching Programs are designed to encourage and promote a love of life long learning. Our excellent facilities support and encourage innovative teaching practice.
Our school focuses on learning and values the partnership of children, staff and parents in the education process. Professional teachers provide learning programs in the areas of Arts, Music, Physical Education, English and French. We have a firm commitment to the effective delivery of the Early Years Literacy Program.
Our Early childhood education programs focuses on children’s learning through play. This program is centered on the “power of play“. Play meets the Physical, Intellectual, Language, Emotional and Social needs (PILES) of children. Our structured approach aims to involve children in acquiring competence via learning through discovery.
The kindergarten follows Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) based around the 7 areas of learning;
- Social and Emotional Development,
- Communication and Language,
- Physical Development,
- Literacy, Mathematical Development,
- Understanding of the World and
- Expressive Arts and Design.
The five developmental domains of childhood development we focus on are:
- Physical: how well a child is developing physically, including eyesight and motor skills
- Social: interactions with others Social development involves pupils understanding their responsibilities and rights as members of families and communities as well as ability to relate to others and to work with others.
- Emotional: creating emotional connections and developing self-confidence.
- Language: how well a child communicates, including how they present their feelings and emotions.
- Cognitive skills: how children organize information, problem solving, creativity, imagination and memory.
Emphasis throughout the Foundation Stage is on engaging the children in first hand learning experiences with a very strong emphasis on play and early communication skills Our primary school curriculum is tailored across both Kenya National Curriculums, the 8-4-4 System of Education and the Competency Based Curriculum (CBC). Piano, Guitar and French lessons form part of our exciting curriculum.
Primary school is the first phase of the 8-4-4 and CBC education systems and serves students between the ages of six and fourteen. The main purpose of primary education is to prepare students to participate in the social, political and economic well being of the country and prepare them to be global citizens. A major goal of primary school education is to develop self-expression, self-discipline and self-reliance, while at the same time providing a rounded education experience.
Developing and Nurturing Young Minds
No kid is ‘unsmart’, every kid is a genius at something. Our job is to find it and nurture it.