Maville academy promotes the development of active thinkers with communication and technology skills for the future. Everyone feels safe, included and valued. Everyone believes in themselves, creating relationships that develop them personally, socially and emotionally. Everyone makes progress and feels that learning and school are fun.
Aims: Our school strives to:
- Encourage children to become life-long learners who see learning as engaging and critical to their development;
- Foster the natural curiosity of children by encouraging inquiry and independence;
- Develop critical and analytical thinking through problem-solving and decision-making activities;
- Enhance creativity through open ended activities involving the manipulation of materials and ideas;
- Develop student leadership and team skills by encouraging tolerance, respect and co-operation in a multi-cultural context;
- Achieve high standards in all learning areas;
- Prepare students to make a positive contribution as thinking participants in citizenship of Kenya;
- Prepare children to be resilient in embracing ongoing change.
Mission Statement: We will facilitate student growth and development by:
- Providing innovative and challenging teaching;
- Catering for different learning needs;
- Individualization of learning programs through a broad-based stimulating curriculum;
- Encouraging success in a positive environment;
- Fostering the acquisition, integration and development of higher order skills in all learning areas;
- Developing students in the intellectual, physical, ethical and emotional and social domains;
- Giving every child a sense of self-belief and confidence;
- Providing the best possible access to learning technologies in the school programs.
Our Commitment:We are committed to creating a learning community in partnership with our school community by:
- Creating broad opportunities and learning links between school, home, other educational institutions and the community;
- Celebrating achievements, success and effort;
- Maintaining a high level of teacher effectiveness through ongoing professional development and learning;
- Embracing learning technologies as a learning and teaching tool.
Developing and Nurturing Young Minds
No kid is ‘unsmart’, every kid is a genius at something. Our job is to find it and nurture it.